On this project we had been tasked by one of our customers to design and install a way of housing
two cash machines at the NEC in Birmingham.
From the start of the conceptual design stage there where some very key items which needed to be included / designed.
- The main sectional unit needed to be portable and constructed on site in the NEC by two technicians, which meant the design and CAD designed panels would line up with pre-punched holes and allow bolts to hold together.
- Constructed to be robust from damage and also a durable paint finish.
- The unit needed to be secure and have security locks
- Have the ability to house two cash machines, at different heights to allow all public to be able to access and withdraw cash.
- Single point 16amp power inlet to a consumer unit, which has two circuits one for the equipment and one for the internal lighting.
- The design of the main cash machine facia needed to take into account of the need to service and repair the main display.